CG

CG

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

AIr Force Academy - Our last day here

Last day at the Air Force Academy's Peregrine Pines Famcamp LINK. As usual with the Air Force, it is a fantastic campground. We especially like that it is laid out where the sites are not right next to each other.




We've had a great time visiting Luke and family and have seen so much. We appreciated the welcome given us. We treasure the time we have had talking and having fun with Luke, Deb, Josh, Nate and Rachel. What a great family. Especially enjoyed seeing techniques I employed on Luke being used on the "kids" (they're not kids anymore). Very proud of them.

The only touring today was the Air Force Academy and, esp, the Cadet Chapel. LINK



The Protestant Chapel. The colors are from stained glass.





The Catholic Chapel





They have a great display of a B52 bomber near the North Gate. I like it because instead of sitting on the ground, it looks like it is flying.










I was asked to fry chicken for dinner since Luke likes it.


Off to Kansas tomorrow, but we will be back.

3 comments:

  1. So many beautiful pictures again also does look like you have a lovely family too am glad you had a good visit an am sure your sad it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place to park the rv. Looks like it was very relaxing. The Catholic chapel is cool architecture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first park I've been in that seems to have been designed to minimize closeness between rigs. It was great. But, of course, there was the obligatory rail line nearby.

      Re the Catholic Chapel, I left the group to go down there thinking it would be mundane. When I saw it, my mouth dropped. I called the family down. A Mass there would be amazing.

      I didn't think I'd like the Chapel etc because of the modern approach. I prefer the old that we see in Mexico. I've decided that there is room for both.

      Hope Little Bit is doing better?

      Delete