CG

CG

Sunday, March 13, 2016

San Luis Potosi

Short 2 hour drive to here. Will update this tomorrow but wanted to get the pictures up while I have internet. We love this park, El Faro (which means light house). LINK The owners are fantastic, he even took us on a Gator 4 wheel tour of the nearby town. It is on a lake. There must be a zillion Mexican families having fun. Lots of music. No fights etc. People are very nice to us and treat us like we belong here. More tomorrow.

Did pucker up today: Google Maps has the park in the wrong place. I should have followed THE guidebook for RV'ing in Mexico AKA "The Church Book". Anyway, missed it and got back on the major 4 lane divided highway. I had to do a U turn. Normally these are very wide. Not this one. I blocked the entire west bound lanes. You can't back up towing a car. I deftly did doing it in short backs. Finally I made it. No damage to the car or tow bar. The Mexicans? Flashers on and cheering me on...no horn blowing or middle finger waves. They all tapped their horn and gave us thumbs up as they passed us.

We love it here.
























3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear El Faro has improved since we were there. It can go back on our list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is still not a KOA...but I have stayed in KOA's that were worse and I paid a hell of a lot more. Haven't seen any poop. Electric is good. Wifi is pretty good. The lake is awesome. I'd stay here for a long time as a base camp. The owners could not be more accommodating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proves the adage, "In Mexico, things can change overnight"!

    ReplyDelete