CG

CG

Friday, April 29, 2016

Cold Water (Roca)




That, my friends, is a water heater that leaks. The culprit is the cold water in plug. I held off touching it for a week but it got too bad and we had to do something. It's PEX so that is good. If we can find the fittings. Chris said Home Depot has them.

So we did the 1 hour trek into Guadalajara traffic to Home Depot. As usual, Chris was right. But, wow, Mexican HD's are bright, cheery, ultra modern with amazing displays. The kitchen, bath, and tile displays feature some beautiful fixtures.

It begins out front with several tents, complete with Booth Babes hawking new products.
Booth Babe



Forgot to take pictures inside because got busy finding stuff. At one time I had 3 HD employees taking me all over the store showing me what I needed. One lady spent at least 20 minutes with me.

We then hit Petco because Bruno has eaten almost all his food. Dang, it hurts. A big bag of his grain free stuff is around $40 in the States. $80 here! Next trip we'll load up.

And we ate. This is a beautiful restaurant on the highway!


Hey! That's the grouch from San Luis!


Delicious sirloin. Robin had salmon. Again, Around $22 incuding 1 Pina, 2 beers, and tip.

We keep getting the best waiters. They are pros, not a second job thing. For instance, in Mexico you give the waiter your card and you also tell him how much propina (tip) to add. Two times, including this gent, they misunderstood my "viente per cent" for "viente pesos". Both times they smiled, said gracias and repeated what they thought I said...I go NO....PER CENT not PESOS! Then there is a HUGE smile and BIG gracias because 20 pesos would only be $1.17, not 20% of the tab.



We picked up the pinatas for the Twins' 3rd birthday...2 of these and balls to put in them. Around $15 for 2 of them and the stuff that goes with it!




Then to fix the heater. Arrrgh. Can't get the old plug out. Extractor I bought is too small. Now to go to Plan B. Tomorrow.

Where the hell is Barry? He would have fixed this in minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Haha am here sorry i tryed to go haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to seem that home depot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete