CG

CG

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Tire (Patz)

One tire on the Saturn has developed a slow leak. It happened to be parked where I could see a nail. Topped it off with air and went a short distance up the road to get it fixed. I expected a plug job. Nope. Nice chap pulled the wheel and took the tire off the rim. He pulled the nail, patched it and he carefully examined inside and made sure there was nothing else. Remounted and knew it needed 35# even though they don't use PSI here. The cost? 50 pesos! $2.86! I gave him more than that. Amazing.

We stayed around the RV park reading. Did a late lunch at the on-site restaurant with Kerry and Rod. What a great visit, and great food.

1 comment:

  1. The last time we rved to Las Vegas we developed a leak. A nail was found. We went to Pep Boys. Total was $29. I was shocked. I asked why and the answer was, "by law we have to change the valve stem, the stem cap, special heat treatment patch, on and on to ad nauseam. What a business. I love my Mexico with all its faults.

    ReplyDelete